Paul Kankiewicz is a game designer, most recently working at BioWare. He has a broad range of experience in the games industry, ranging from technical design to mission design to programming to QA, and firmly believes that cross-disciplinary skills help people work more efficiently in any team-based environment. Since graduating from DigiPen Institute of Technology in 2011 with a degree in video game programming (C/C++), he has most notably worked at Monolith Productions as a Senior Game Designer on award-winning AAA titles like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. His favorite game is Diablo II by Blizzard Entertainment. Some of his favorite missions are Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2 and Redmaw in Horizon Zero Dawn.
Most recent projects:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Monolith Productions)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions)
- Hogwarts Legacy (Avalanche Software)
- 37% Unplayed Podcast – A podcast about video games and game design, in a format similar to book clubs.
- Open Ocean – A small indie game with an environmental message I created by myself in my spare time.
- The Lost Ziggurat of Nephthys – A 2D roguelike platformer where the player explores a dangerous ancient temple using a grappling hook. Made for the Megaman Game Jam, so this is not a finished product.