Paul Kankiewicz is a game designer, most recently working at BioWare on Dragon Age : Dreadwolf. He has a broad range of experience in the games industry, ranging from technical design to mission design to programming to QA, and firmly believes that cross-disciplinary skills help people work more efficiently in any team-based environment. Since graduating from DigiPen Institute of Technology in 2011 with a degree in video game programming (C/C++), he has most notably worked at Monolith Productions as a Senior Game Designer on award-winning AAA titles like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. His favorite game is Diablo II by Blizzard Entertainment. Some of his favorite missions are Suicide Mission in Mass Effect 2, Redmaw in Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Ashtray Maze in Control.
Most recent projects:
- Dragon Age: Dreadwolf (BioWare)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Monolith Productions)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Monolith Productions)
- Hogwarts Legacy (Avalanche Software)
- 37% Unplayed Podcast – A podcast about video games and game design, in a format similar to book clubs.
- Open Ocean – A small indie game with an environmental message I created by myself in my spare time.
- The Lost Ziggurat of Nephthys (Download) – A 2D roguelike platformer where the player explores a dangerous ancient temple using a grappling hook. Made for the Megaman Game Jam (Not a finished product).